Invent To Learn: Making, Tinkering, and Engineering in the Classroom features hundreds of links to high-quality books, websites, projects, and other resources to help you create a makerspace in any school, no matter your budget.
In this section:
- Bookstore – Find great invention and making books here!
- Invent To Learn Workshop Shopping List and Handouts
- The Think-Make-Improve (TMI) Robot Poster
All Resources by Topic
Click on the links below to find all the resources found in the book plus extras!
- Project ideas, Tutorials, Inspiration – Project collections, starter projects, resources for parents, online clubs, and books.
- Makerspaces, Hackerspaces, FabLabs, and Maker Educators – Meet and collaborate with makers in communities, museums, libraries, schools, and more worldwide.
- Make Magazine – Make magazine has spawned a number of websites, organizations, events, and more.
- Organizations and Research Groups
- Constructionism Resources – Websites, books, and Seymour Papert
- Reggio Emilia Approach
- Advocacy, Reports, and Articles
- Play, Inventors, and Inventing
- Places to Purchase Parts and Supplies
- 3D Printing and Fabrication – Design collections, cutters (subtractive machines), design software, and outsourced printing services.
- Physical Computing – Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Wearable Computing, E-Textiles, LEGO, and Robotics
- Programming – Logo, Scratch, Other Languages, and Environments
- Kits and Interfaces
- Creative Materials Old and New – Squishy Circuits, Cardboard, Software, Filmmaking, and Photography
- Copyright and Intellectual Property
- Professional Development, Curriculum, and Standards
- Books, Books, Books!
- School Design
- Author Websites and Blogs
Resources by Chapter
Chapter 14 is the resource chapter, so all the resources in that chapter are found in the “All Resources By Topic” section above, sorted by type.